Tuesday 17 January 2012

Turning Marilyn Monroe into a drawing

This task we had to use this picture of Marilyn Monroe and turn it into a picture that would look like it has been made for comic strip. We used the tool that looks like the nib of a pen, this was used to make the lips and eyes stand out. I had a posterised filter layer added then added colour such as the hair, lips and skin. I found that the colour was too bright and didnt look apart of the image so I turned the opacity down to match the image. After adding colour I used another layer which was a brush affect. I think this image has turned out really well and looks like it has came from an old comic book.
Before editing.
After editing.

1 comment:

  1. This looks great. Mention how you can use this technique in making graphic art for story telling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my work I will get back to you asap.