Thursday 19 January 2012

Comic Strip


This is my comic strip in black and white I did have some shading on the individual panels but when I scanned them in with the college printer it cut the comic strip in half and couldn't really see the shading. I think that this was a big let down because it needs the shading on the comic strip to complete it. I think that the storyline is very simple yet successful.


This is the final image I think that it needs to be more bold whilst on the newspaper background. The background is out of the Hartlepool Mail newspaper which is a local newspaper and normal has a Andy Capp comic strip in I just replaced it and the other comic strip that was above it with my comic strip.

1 comment:

  1. This can be used as good illustration to the types of image used create a narrative image sequence Claire. You have the worm on the hook, the beginning of the swing with the sound effect, the plonk of the hook/float in the water, the fishing, the tension on theline and finally the gagline. What made you choose these images to make illustrate the joke? How do the established cartoonists select the images to fit the stories they are telling? There is plenty to explore on this subject in the Will Eisner book I showed you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment on my work I will get back to you asap.